Adverb(1) after a negative statement used as an intensive meaning something like `likewise' or `also'
(1) they were on either side of me(2) You don't need to be a genius to work out the similarities either .(3) it could happen either tomorrow, at the weekend, or beyond(4) either customers or staff or both(5) Nor did I know how long that would be the case for us both, either , as a matter of fact.(6) their mortgage will be repaid if either of them dies(7) As usual, you can either follow the links, or read the cut and paste articles below.(8) One is an idea I've had knocking around since about 1994, and is set at about that time and a couple of years either side of it.(9) Needless to say I won't be writing to them for permission to use these links either .(10) it'll be hard if either or both are absent(11) Those trees used to stand like sentinels on either side of the path leading to the bandstand from the Glass House.(12) Then the event started and I didn't get a chance to introduce myself to either of those admirable gentlemen.(13) I don't know what would happen if either of their parents died(14) A pair of potted hydrangeas sat on either side of the front door.(15) they have a mortgage that will be repaid if either of them dies(16) He was not selected in either the All Black senior team or junior team which was named earlier this week.
(1) either way :: hur som helst
(2) either one :: vilken som
(3) either side :: endera sidan
(4) in either case :: i vilket fall
(5) on either side :: på vardera sida
(6) either of them :: någon av dem
(7) either of :: vilken som
(8) either this or that :: antingen den eller den
(9) either-or :: antingen eller
1. either ::
2. other ::
3. too ::
4. likewise ::
5. eke ::
6. also ::
7. together with ::
8. over and above ::
9. else ::
10. more ::
11. further ::
12. moreover ::
13. besides ::
14. farther ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Either way, strong Unsullied.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 2
So you EITHER include both of us
in the recommendation letter,
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 13
So you can EITHER attack
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 7
He hasn't sent word EITHER.
Vikings Season 1, Episode 2
Is this about Leonard and Amy?
I don't like it EITHER.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 24
English to Swedish Dictionary: either
Meaning and definitions of either, translation in Swedish
language for either with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of either in Swedish and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'either'
What either means in Swedish, either meaning
in Swedish, either
definition, examples and pronunciation
of either in Swedish language.