Noun(1) a glass or plastic vessel used for storing drinks or other liquids; typically cylindrical without handles and with a narrow neck that can be plugged or capped(2) the quantity contained in a bottle(3) a vessel fitted with a flexible teat and filled with milk or formula; used as a substitute for breast feeding infants and very young children
Verb(1) store (liquids or gases(2) put into bottles
(1) more women are taking to the bottle(2) For a while we sat on tree stumps next to the grain storage barn, talking with her parents and passing around a bottle of her father's homemade rakia to keep our blood flowing.(3) Her theory is that the patient must wear diapers, suck his thumb and drink from a baby bottle to be cured.(4) And I did exactly what any teenager would do after several pints of yokel-strength scrumpy and half a bottle of Russian paint-stripper.(5) We got through a bottle of St Emellion, which doesn't really go with Indian food, but fortified us for the drama ahead.(6) We've got a bottle of 12-year malt just begging to be tested if you'd like to join us.(7) As a result, the villagers turn to the bottle , drinking to forget how dreary their lives are.(8) wine bottle(9) As you introduce the bottle 's nipple to the Shih Tzu puppy's mouth, move your legs slightly, jiggling your lap.(10) It's not harmful, unless you attach a nipple to the bottle of solution and force feed it to your pet.(11) She's putting on weight like a normal baby and taking milk from a bottle .(12) Reading the Government's plans to liberalise the licensing laws could be enough to make anybody turn to the bottle .(13) I lost my bottle completely and ran(14) It being the longest day of the year, I suppose I should have been celebrating some arcane shamanic ritual, but I just put my foot up and finished the remains of a bottle of schnapps.(15) The baby was dressed in a clean shirt and a fresh diaper and there was a bottle of baby's milk nearby.(16) the team showed a bit of bottle today
(1) bottle opener :: flasköppnare
(2) water bottle :: vattenflaska
(3) a bottle of :: en flaska
(4) crack a bottle :: öppna en flaska
(5) baby bottle :: nappflaska
(6) wine bottle :: vinflaska
(7) bottle cap :: kapsylen
(8) empty bottle :: tom flaska
(9) bottle up :: flaskan upp
(10) bottle of wine :: flaska vin
1. carafe ::
2. nursing bottle ::
bottle, bottled, bottles, bottling
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
A BOTTLE of champagne
and three glasses.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 1
Okay. He's invited for dinner
in the BOTTLE city of Kandor.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 11
but, uh, Raj figured out that
if you pee in a BOTTLE
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 17
so I checked the date that you wrote
on the BOTTLE and it says "Flerbsday."
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 15
It might have been a mistake
to open that second BOTTLE of wine.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 9
English to Swedish Dictionary: bottle
Meaning and definitions of bottle, translation in Swedish
language for bottle with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of bottle in Swedish and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'bottle'
What bottle means in Swedish, bottle meaning
in Swedish, bottle
definition, examples and pronunciation
of bottle in Swedish language.